Read-A-Thon 2022 will run March 11-25
What is the Read-A-Thon?
The Read-A-Thon is our annual program sponsored by the CPES PTA. We want to encourage all our children to read more and fall in love with reading.
How does it work?
From March 11-25, 2022
- Students read and keep track of their minutes on the included Reading Log, (and yes, reading with/to your children counts).
- Students, with an adult’s help, should look for sponsors to pledge a set amount per minute/day, or a flat amount.
- Adults should encourage children to read more. (You can keep doing this even after Read-A-Thon is over!)
From March 28-April 1
- Students collect pledges and complete their Reading Logs
- Students return their Read-A-Thon packets (envelope, reading log, pledges) to their teacher
- Cash or Check Pledges or Donations may be sent to school in the Reading Log envelope; or
- Pledges may be paid by credit card using this Read-A-Thon form. Don't forget to send in those Reading Logs.
Goals for 2022 Read-A-Thon
- Students read for a combined total of 150,000 minutes.
- Raise $4,500 to benefit the library, school, and other PTA initiatives
Incentives and Rewards
- Every student who submits a reading log (including those without pledges) will receive at least $5 in Book Bucks to spend at the Spring Book Fair
- Prizes for the classes and students who read the most minutes and classes with the highest participation rate.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Food for Students
IMPORTANT: Families must submit an application and be approved to be eligible for free and reduced-price meals for the 2022-23 school year.
IMPORTANTE: Las familias deben presentar una solicitud y ser aprobadas para ser elegibles para recibir comidas gratuitas o de precio reducido para el año escolar 2022-23.
Lend A Helping Hand
More info here.
Stay in the loop. Subscribe to our calendar.