Top Readers by Grade
Read-A-Thon is an annual program sponsored by the CPES PTA to encourage our children to read more and to get excited about reading! Please read here about how it works, how it raises funds, and what prizes we offer.
- Between Mar. 4 - 19, students read and keep track of the minutes read.
- Every. Minute. Counts! (asynchronous, reading to/with your child, group reading)
- Students fill out a Reading Log (daily is easiest/best) with their minutes.
- Reading Logs are a available in a variety of formats for your convenience:
- A Google Form available in via the Library Google Classroom,
- PDF to fill out electronically or by hand, available HERE, or
- Paper copies will be available for pickup during Library Pick-Up.
- Between Mar. 20-26, students turn in their Reading Logs: via Google form; hand in to their teacher or at Library pick-up; or via email to email@example.com.
- Collect and turn in pledges (see fundraiser details below).
- Read-A-Thon is first and foremost to encourage our kids to read more!
- We do try to raise money during Read-A-Thon to benefit our library, school, and PTA initiatives.
- Students, with an adult’s help, may look for sponsors to pledge towards the student’s reading
- Pledges can be made via:
- Every student that participates in Read-A-Thon (by completing and submitting their Reading Logs) earns Book Bucks to spend at the Book Fair: $8 for readers grades K-3; $10 for readers grades 4-6.
- Top 3 readers in each grade are awarded DOUBLE BOOK BUCKS!
- Mr. Kemmerer will take a pie in the face for all your reading efforts.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Saturday, October 16, 2:00-4:00 PM
Volunteers and Donations
Lend A Helping Hand
More info here.
Food for Students
Free Breakfast & Lunch for all students: Food for Students
Desayuno y almuerzo gratis para todos los estudiantes: Alimentos para estudiantes
Stay in the loop. Subscribe to our calendar.