Ways to get involved in the Principal Selection Process at CPES
The PTA is sharing the following information about the Principal Selection Process on behalf of Douglas A. Tyson, Assistant Superintendent, Region 1. Note that the PTA does not have a formal role in the selection process; however, there are multiple ways for parents, staff, and community members to participate and we strongly encourage everyone to learn more about the process and provide input using the links below.
1. View the recording of April 25 Zoom meeting
- Douglas A. Tyson, Assistant Superintendent, Region 1, hosted a Zoom meeting on April 25 to inform parents, staff, and community members about the principal selection process.
- Link will be added shortly.
2. If you are interested in serving as a panelist, please submit your information by close of business on Monday, May 1, 2023
- Submit your information using the google link Advisory Panel Interest.
- The advisory panel will be comprised of three staff representatives and three parent (or community) representatives from the Cunningham Park community.
- The Region 1 Leadership Team will review all submissions and select staff and community members to serve as either panelists or alternates for the panel interviews on Thursday May 11, 2023. The Department of Human Resources will contact the individuals who are selected to serve in this capacity.
3. E-mail your input to the Department of Human Resources by Monday, May 1, 2023 at HRPrincipalPool@fcps.edu.
- Fairfax County Public Schools mission is to provide creative, knowledgeable, and talented leadership to ensure student success.
- To determine the best match for the leadership needs at your school, parent and staff perspectives will be used to screen candidate resumes and develop interview questions.
- Please provide input detailing the skills, experience, and leadership characteristics needed at your school. Include challenges and issues that the new principal will need to address.
- Principal professional skills include instructional leadership, school climate, human resources, organizational management, and communication and community relations.
Lend A Helping Hand
Want to get more involved? Subscribe to our mailing lists.
Neighbors Helping Neighbors
More info here.
Donations & Signups
Stay in the loop. Subscribe to our calendar.